The account at my former institution was recently deleted. Unfortunately, I was hosting this blog there and so I was forced to migrate it somewhere else. I have always wanted to host the blog on Github Pages (where my site is hosted) and this seemed like good enough excuse to finally do this. I wanted to record the small hiccups I ran into.
Previously I could build the blog content with
make html, however, this did
not work anymore on Github Pages. Strangely, the command
pelicanconf.py . does work, so I updated the
html rule in
Makefile to use
In order for Github to render the blog the files in the
must be pushed to the
gh-pages branch (the blog source is on
Pelican documentation suggests using the
ghp-import script (install with
install ghp-import) in order to automatically set up the necessary branches.
Then we can just push to the
The full pipeline to generate the blog content is now (note
make html has
make html ghp-import output git push origin gh-pages
As the Pelican documentation suggests these steps can be added to a post-commit hook.